While many international students look to the coasts for H-1B jobs, there are plenty of companies that sponsor H-1B in Texas. Texas is known for the oil industry and manufacturing, as well as being a hub for engineering jobs. Texas is also known for an independent, southern culture that’s different from the coasts.
- American Airlines
- Schlumberger Technology
- The University Of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Bayor College of Medicine
The top cities for H-1B jobs in Texas are:
- Houston, TX
- Austin, TX
- Irving, TX
- San Antonia, TX
The most likely H-1B jobs in Texas are in the energy, biosciences, and manufacturing sector. Avoid looking for sponsorship at companies that rely on US government contracts, such as aerospace engineering companies. There’s also a strong startup scene in Texas. Some startups are more open to OPT and OPT STEM extension jobs than traditional firms.
After adding companies that sponsor H-1B in Texas to your list:
- Research living costs in Dallas, Austin, and Houston.
- Search for alumni from your school on LinkedIn for informational interviews
- See the best companies to work for in Houston
- Learn more about the industries in Texas
- Calculate anticipated taxes for Texas
- Read about what it’s like to live in Texas
- Research the steps in the H-1B Job Search for International Students