Searching for OPT jobs is a lot of work. It takes a curious person to want to do it. From finding companies that sponsor work visas to adapting your cultural behavior to an American business style, it takes patience, persistence, and a little help. On top of that, it takes a lot of information. After all, you are learning how to search for work.
The internship and job search for international students is competitive. To succeed in your search, you need to learn:
- The skills American employers want from candidates
- How to find the right job for your academic major
- How to find companies that sponsor H-1B
- How to get experience outside the classroom
- How to interact with people (online and in person) professionally
- How perfect your professional image (online and in resumes/cover letters)
- How to stand out to employers (at career fairs and during interviews)
For those that need some help, we offer solutions through GlobalMe School, the online career training platform for globally ambitious students.
Online courses for international students searching for OPT jobs
If you’re an international student who is interested in CPT internships or OPT jobs, GlobalMe School offers online courses for international students. There are free, paid, and subscription options.
- The Top 250 Companies that Offer H1B
- A list of 250 companies who have filed for H1B, as well as direct links to their career websites, the top jobs they sponsor for, LinkedIn profiles of recruiters, and the top way to get an interview at the company. This is designed to save you time in your search
- How to Get Your US Dream Job or Internship
- American style networking: Informational Interviewing for International Students
- Interview Confidence for International Students
- Webinar Package: International Student Career Success
Subscription: The US Job Search Package
This is a $29 a month a subscription to all the paid courses above. It is designed specifically for international students in the US who are interested in CPT internships or OPT jobs that lead to H1B opportunities. If you are focused on finding jobs with H1B sponsorship or companies that sponsor H1B visas, this is the package for you:
- If you spend your time looking for companies that sponsor work visas, the H1B job search package is for you.
- If you’re searching for internships in the US, these courses will teach you how to find them.
- If you’re in a one-year masters program and want to get ahead of your competition before you arrive on campus, this package is for you.
The US Job Search Package is application only. Applications open once a month!
In addition to the courses list above, Get Hired: The US Job Search Package subscribers get:
- Free access to all webinar recordings (new international student career webinars are hosted monthly)
- First access to new courses
- Group coaching sessions 2x a month
There is no subscription commitment or contract. You are simply billed month-to-month. When you purchase your subscription, your access begins. When you no longer want to access the courses, simply unsubscribe. When you unsubscribe you will no longer have access to the course.
Private Facebook Group for International Students
Do the volume of requests, GlobalMe School does not offer individual coaching sessions. But we do have a private Facebook group for job search support.
On-demand courses: No extra deadlines
All courses are designed to be on-demand. That means you take them when you need them. There are no assignments or homework, just challenges to help build skills for the OPT job search.
Designed by a former Yale School of Management Career Coach
All courses on GlobalMe School are designed by Nicolle Merrill, a former Associate Director of Career Services at Yale School of Management. At Yale SOM, she coached students to land positions at top employers like Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, IDEO, as well diverse organizations from top-tier consulting firms to startups. She also met with recruiters around the world to understand emerging trends and opportunities for globally mobile students like you.
Curious? Explore all online courses for international students here.