Many students look to California as the West coast option for H-1B jobs. But there are plenty of companies that sponsor H-1B in Washington. Seattle is known for the top company that sponsors international students: Amazon. Amazon hires the most MBAs sponsors the most H-1Bs. Even though Amazon sponsors international students, it’s still very competitive to get a job at Amazon. Here’s what it takes.
Luckily there are several other companies that sponsor H-1B in Washington. Most firms that sponsor are in the technology industry. The top organizations that sponsor are:
- University of Washington
Seattle and Bellevue are top cities for H-1B jobs in Washington. The startup scene is also strong in Seattle.
After adding companies that sponsor H-1B in Washington to your list:
- Research living costs in Seattle
- Search for alumni from your school on LinkedIn for informational interviews
- Explore startup jobs and companies in Seattle
- Read tech news and Seattle tech industry on Geekwire
- Learn what it is like to live in Seattle, a city known for rain, coffee, and natural beauty
- Calculate anticipated taxes for Washington
- Learn the next steps in the H-1B Job Search for International Students
Need more help in the H-1B job search? Get the book: How to Get a Job in the USA.