If you are looking for H-1B jobs in New York, expand your search to include companies that sponsor H-1B in New Jersey. New Jersey is one of the top states with the most H-1B jobs mostly due to the number of IT consulting and outsourcing companies. While these companies provide H-1B jobs, they are currently under close scrutiny from the government. It is not advised to pursue work at these firms as candidates work at third party sites. The US government is rejecting H-1Bs from outsourcing companies where employees work at third party sites.
Food, healthcare, and life sciences are top industries in New Jersey.
The companies that sponsor the most H-1Bs in New Jersey (not including the many IT outsourcing companies), are:
- JP Morgan Chase
- Goldman Sachs
- Merrill Lynch
- Mind Tree
The top cities for H-1B jobs in New Jersey are:
- Princeton, NJ
- Jersey City, NJ
After adding companies that sponsor H-1B in New Jersey to your list:
- Research living costs in New Jersey
- Search for alumni from your school on LinkedIn for informational interviews
- Explore what it’s like to live in New Jersey, a state known for its quality of life
- Calculate anticipated taxes for New York
- Research all the industries in New Jersey.
- Learn the next steps in the H-1B Job Search for International Students
Need more help in the H-1B job search? Get the book: How to Get a Job in the USA.