Many companies sponsor H-1B in California. It’s also home to several cities with companies that sponsor international students due to many technology firms. According to myvisajobs.com, the top companies that sponsor H-1B in California are:
The top cities for H-1B in California are:
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Mountain View
- San Diego
In addition to companies, thousands of start-ups call California home, in both the San Francisco region and Los Angeles. Learn about the most well-funded startups in California. Startups are in need of developers, machine learning engineers, analysts, and data scientists. Some startups are more open to OPT jobs and OPT extension visa, even if they don’t sponsor H-1B.
Also, check out LinkedIn’s September 2018 workforce report to learn about hiring trends and in-demand skills in San Francisco, CA.
After adding companies that sponsor H-1B in California to your list:
- Research the cost of living for San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Jose, Mountain View, San Diego
- Search for alumni from your school on LinkedIn for informational interviews
- Search for international student jobs at startups in California
- Calculate anticipated taxes for California
- Research from the best companies to work for in California in 2018
- Follow all the steps in the H-1B Job Search for International Students